BDP2 was developed as an intermediary step between the BDP and WPP. In the past we’ve had many students that weren’t quite ready for the big jump into WPP, so they chose to repeat the BDP once or twice in order to build their skillset and confidence. Fortunately, our club has grown substantially in the past few years and we now have a sufficient number of coaches to run an additional program!
This program will be run in tandem with the BDP. We’ll all be camping together and exchanging stories by campfire on how…entertaining… the runs were. While for the most part we’ll be paddling the same rivers as the BDP, the BDP2 will be exploring new sections and developing additional skillsets focused on leadership and group management. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the confidence to start exploring new rivers with your crew in a safe and manageable way? Well, that’s what we’ll be working towards.
Enrollment is limited to 6 paddlers per season.
- Class: II-III
- Duration: 8 days over 4 weekends throughout the summer
- Locations: Dependent on water levels
- Cost: $350 (Note: a UAPS membership is required)
- BDP or equivalent training plus some additional paddling experience
- Combat-roll that works sometimes